Thirsties Organic Cotton Flat
Introducing Thirsties NEW Organic Cotton Flat, a single-ply, one-size-fits-all diaper that can be folded in numerous ways to provide customizable absorbency. We recommend washing and drying your Thirsties Organic Cotton Flat at least three times before use to rid the fibers of natural oils for maximum absorbency.
We recommend trying different folds to find the right absorbency concentration for your baby. A fan favorite and the fold we recommend due to its simplicity and performance is the pad fold. Simply pad fold your Thirsties Organic Cotton Flat, and lay it in a Thirsties Duo Wrap or Diaper Cover for a complete diaper system for your baby. Additionally, Thirsties Organic Cotton Flats may be used for additional absorbency in Thirsties Pocket Diapers.
If using a fastener with our flats, please note fasteners can leave small holes that shouldn’t affect function, but the holes are not covered under our warranty. When using a fastener, we recommend rotating your flats during usage so different sides are fastened each time.
Features and Benefits
- Single layer of GOTS certified organic cotton
- Stretchy, soft knit cotton provides a comfortable and customizable fit
- Very versatile--can be folded in numerous ways to maximize absorbency where your baby needs it
- Single layer dries quickly and is a great, low-maintenance option for hand washing and/or line drying
- Less bulk makes these easy to double with another Flat or pair with a Thirsties Hemp Insert or Organic Cotton Doubler for even more absorbency
- Place inside a Duo Wrap or Diaper Cover to complete your waterproof system
|one size||8 - 40 lbs (4 -18 kg)||0 - 36 months|
1 layer of 100% GOTS Certified Organic Knit Cotton
Care and Use
Before Use: Thirsties Hemp products need to be washed and dried at least three times before use to rid the fibers of the natural oils. This is done separately from your other diapering products for the first 3 washes. Our hemp products will be fully primed and at their maximum absorbency after 8 wash cycles.
At every wash cycle:
-Prewash on warm
-Wash on hot
-Add another rinse on warm.
-You may hang prefolds to dry, or dry in the dryer. If the diapers are stiff after line drying, you can throw them in the dryer on medium heat with some wool dryer balls to soften them.
Use enough water to soak and cover the diapering items and allow them to agitate.
Please avoid the following practices and/or additives that can void the warranty on your Thirsties products:
Sanitize or Whites cycles on HE machines
Routine use of Bleach
These practices and/or additives can void the warranty on your Thirsties products.